Structure an Effective Typographic Hierarchy

 This is not new information since we have discussed this a bit in class, but it is always a good reminder to know. I first learned about typography when I was designing designs for a yoga studio in Chicago. One thing I didn't really think about when learning or doing this in my designs was choosing coordinating typefaces. Something that the article talked about I found interesting was mixing serifs with sans serifs is an easier option than combining two serifs or two sans serifs. It's all about finding a typeface that fits the mood of what you are going for. The article did mention that designers should use contrast as well when choosing a type font. Towards the end of the article I liked the four guidelines it gave designers to follow while choosing Web Types. I found that to be helpful for my next project.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interdisciplinary Interaction Design PDF