Psychogeography: A Purposeful Drift Through the City

Psychogeography allows you to have an opinion about a certain space while being present in that space. Also can be known for the way of reading or a viewing a map of a city. While reading, in the article talks about the contemporary practitioners take their cue from Debora. Listing off artist who took that idea such as Giovanni Piranesi's in his piece called, labyrinthine stairways. Looking at the piece I can see where it follows the psychogeography because looking at it I almost want to follow the stairways almost like a map. This type created a new form to reveal certain structure. While thinking about this way it is kind of confusing but to me I can't think I have to be able to see what I am supposed to be thinking about. Having that visual in-front of you helps the mind process what is being looked at. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interdisciplinary Interaction Design PDF